Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lost Child

I finally seized the moment and did some much needed shoe shopping with my friend the other day--hallelujah! I went to an outlet mall. But let me explain a couple of things, first, I don't do cold and this was an OUTlet mall and, second, I don't have it in me to walk half-a-country-mile just to buy some danged ol'shoes. Having said that, God gave me a gorgeous, sun shiny, day and a friend who didn't care to do all that walking either (so I thought) and so, the adventure began....

Do you know that girl had me in nearly every stinkin shoe store there, spouting "you said you needed shoes so stop looking at the price and put a pair on your feet"...who's she talkin to? "Whateva"  (I know, such a brilliant come back, oh well). I struggle with paying more than $20 for a pair of shoes...STRUGGLE...let me rephrase, I struggle with buying myself a pair of shoes with a sticker price greater than $20. At any rate, after too many stores and too many texts from my hubby (pretending like my babies were missing me) I purchased 2 pairs of shoes totalling $42. UGH

However, the highlight of my shoe shopping was not the shoes nor the deals, no-sir-ree-bob, the highlight was a momma and her "lost child".  As I am standing in the Nike store waiting for my friend to pay for her purchase a momma came up to the clerk and asks "do you guys have a overhead speaker, my child is lost". As the clerk excuses herself to go get the manager I begin to feel panic for this momma. She, however, was way more calm than I ever would have been. So, being me, I ask "are you alright, what does your child look like, how old is he?" The words that came out of her mouth next made me want to punch her clean in her throat.  Yes, I said it...BAM...right in the jugular.. That broad had the nerve to say her baby was 20..yes.. TWENTY YEARS OLD...I had to check myself before I wrecked myself.

How in the world are you gonna stand in front of a store manager and ask him to help you find your grown (expletive) son! Really? Let ME help you---no loud speaker needed---BOY, YOUR MOMMA IS READY TO GO, DON'T MAKE HER COME LOOKIN FOR YOU!  IF YOU GOIN WITH YOUR MOMMA, WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THIS STORE, YOU BEST HURRY UP AND COME ON OR WALK YOUR HAPPY TAIL ALL THE WAY HOME! I guarantee he, and all the rest of the boys in that store, would have made his way to the front door....do not pass go...straight to jail (or in his case, the car).

Ooowee, I wanted to punch that broad---her child/baby is lost...he's lost alright...lost a ride, lost his man card, lost some hair after I done snatched him bald...Momma's please only announce a lost child if the child is indeed A CHILD (minor, infant, toddler, preschooler, etc).

Deep breath..ooowee...people are crazy.LOL...

Until next time,

Be good to yourself and a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment