Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jillian vs Roseann

I will venture to say that every person---especially, every woman---reading this has experienced the roller coaster called weight control or out of control drama.  We vow, "I am done with chocolate, done with carbs, done with soda (pop), done with sweets...done, done, done!" Yet, we continue on the dreaded ride that we pray to get off of. I, for one, have been on this cursed ride nearly all my life and it has hindered me in countless ways.

l was 5'9 and weighed 150 lbs in Jr. High. I was the biggest girl in my class and was considered fat. Fat! At that age, young and dumb, I agreed, but NOW, oh my word! I wanna slap somebody right about now (where's that danged Wheezer when you need her)! I just cannot believe the poor body image I had and was allowed to carry around. Little did I know that my personal image during my youth would set the tone for the duration of my womanhood.

So here I am, smack dab in the middle of adulthood, facing the same god-forsaken demon---OH, the humanity! So, lose the weight, you say? I know, right? Why is it such a blasted struggle? I wish I had the magic answer. Hard work and determination, I guess, is part of the magic answer. The other part is you MUST have discipline, self control, accountability, and a team of support. If you are lacking in any of these areas then no diet plan or life style change in the world is going to help you rid that weight. Trust me, I have tried everything under the sun, EVERYTHING, some things have worked, others, well, not so much.

I tell myself often, I am done, but somewhere along the line I falter...I eat a few cookies (or a dozen) or a bag of chips..you know where I am coming from because you have been there too.  So, how do I get off this dumb ride? My inner Jillian says "just flippin do it!"  Somehow that broad doesn't win out in my head, it's the old, haggard, run down, Roseann that shuts Jillian down! Can't you just hear the battle between them now?

Okay, so I really do need to get it together. I am in my 40's, for crying out loud! I have raised three sons and am in the trenches with a 3 and 5 year old, this should be easy peezy! So, here's the plan gang, I am going to keep you posted and you need to keep me honest. I will revisit this subject matter in a week or so and tell you what has worked, what has not, and whether I have strangled anyone in the process.

In the meantime....
Be good to yourself and a blessing to others

No comments:

Post a Comment